Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Poor Little Zy































































As many of you know, Zion has been quite sick on and off for a while. She has recurring fevers and lethargy that resurface every 6 weeks. We are still trying to figure out what's going on with her, and the doctors seem to be just as confused as we are. It seems she has an "inflamatory disease" which could mean about a million different things. So, we have been doing test after test to figure out what it is. Still no answers, but tomorrow we're going in for another round. This image of her on the couch is how she was for about 8 days. Yesterday she ate for the first time in 8 days and she seemed to have a lot of energy in the morning, so Grandpa took Nikoli, Elijah and her to play at McDonalds. She had lots of fun with her brothers and ate all her food. That was so good to see. She was pretty wiped out when she got home and took a 6 hour nap, but is still improving. Today she wanted to go to church so we got ready and she lasted through the first hour of sacrament meeting, but then was ready to go home. Poor little thing. This is the longest episode she has had. It's nice to see her off the couch and out of bed.

7 comments:

Kellie said...

Nik, I was going to call you tomorrow to check on the test results. No revelations yet, then? Poor little lady.

The Bischoff's said...

Poor thing! I hope you get it all figured out! Nothing worse than a sick kid and not knowing how to help them! She is so beautiful! I can't believe how big she is getting!!

Unknown said...

I had no idea that she has been so sick. I am sorry you are going through all this. I hope you will find answers soon. Let me know if there is anything I can do. I would be happy to take your other kids anytime. You'll be in my prayers.

Wilkinson Crew said...

SEEMS like it is going around I got a miserable 38 lb two year old with a double ear infection. Yeah forty dollars to the doctor. Hope all is well with you guys.

Jeanne said...

Nikki, I hope she gets well, or that you find out what is causing it. I don't like it when my kids are sick, and it seems like everyone is tag teaming here are our house, but nothing like that. I bet you are exhausted! Get Well Zion!!!

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Nik-it's Shells. I found your blog via facebook. Your kids are so beautiful!

Julie Hall said...

Oh I hope you find out soon what is going on with your little sweetheart! Not knowing is probably one of the hardest things!! Keep us posted and let me know if I can do anything for you!